NSWRC is building partnerships to advance the reconciliation process
Below are some strategies Private Sector and Community Sector Organisations can implement to advance the reconciliation process.
- Include Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in decision making processes;
- Increase the participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in leadership positions, through providing opportunities to develop leadership skills;
- Appreciate the cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians;
- Provide cross-cultural awareness courses within the workplace;
- Respect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural practices;
- Affirm support for the reconciliation process;
- Affirm support for the Australian Declaration Towards Reconciliation;
- Make commitments to the Roadmap for Reconciliation;
- Commit resources to support NSWRC and Local Reconciliation Groups; and
- Address racism, injustice and inequality in our communities.
Organisations can formally commit to reconciliation by partnering with NSWRC and by developing a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). RAP's are a practical tool to assist enterprises and organisations in structuring their reconciliation efforts.