Here you’ll find a list of events being run by the NSW Reconciliation Council and our associated Local Reconciliation Groups. Events are listed in chronological order. For more information contact [email protected].
Annual General Meeting
Members are of the NSW Reconciliation Council are invited to attend the NSW Reconciliation Council (NSWRC) Annual General Meeting to be held in the Conference Room, Darlington Centre Sydney University, Building H02, 174 City Road, Darlington on Thursday 8 December 2016 at 5:30pm. The AGM will be followed by a light supper.
Please find below relevant material:
2. Nomination Form for Management Committee Positions
Nominations are now open for positions on the Management Committee. Please distribute information in your networks and encourage individuals to nominate for positions. Nominations close: 5pm Friday 18 November.
3. Information Package on Management Committee Roles and Responsibilities
4. Registration Form
Please fill out registration form to confirm your attendance at the AGM and return by 5pm 18 November 2016.
NSWRC members are able to vote on the management committee positions and the proposed amendment via post/email. Postal voting forms will be distributed after the close of nominations.
Schools' Reconciliation Challenge Regional Tour
This year, the NSW Reconciliation Council (NSWRC) and the National Trust will join forces to present a state-wide tour of award-winning artworks from this year’s NSW Schools’ Reconciliation Challenge. The sixteen artworks – which were selected as the best of more than 700 entries to NSWRC’s annual art competition – will be put on display at a series of National Trust venues around NSW. All were created by New South Wales school students in years 5-9, and were inspired by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, cultures and stories.
The dates and venues for the Schools’ Reconciliation Challenge are below:
- 15 August – 9 September: National Trust Centre in Sydney. Open weekdays only.
- 16 September – 17 October: Cooma Cottage in Yass. Open Friday – Sunday, as part of this year’s Sculpture in the Paddock festival.
- 5 November – 19 December: Saumarez Homestead in Armidale. Open weekends only.
- January – February 2017: Woodford Academy in the Blue Mountains. Open every third Sunday only.
- March – April 2017: Dundullimal Homestead in Dubbo. Open Tuesday- Saturday.
Read our full press release about the Schools’ Reconciliation Challenge Regional Tour here.